Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wiggles To the Big Red Car!

"Toot Toot Chuga Chuga Big Red Car...We're driving near and we're driving far..." Having last song syndrome since I made this cake. Plus, my daughter asks me to sing it in the car too!




Jonas turns 2 and he's a big Wiggles fan. His mom decided to throw him the most fun Wiggles party and even asks the guests to come in their favorite Wiggles color. For his cake, they decided on the Wiggles' big red car though this one is actually quite small.



Greg, Murray, Jeff (sleeping) and Anthony




The car sits on a 10 inch cake with the Wiggles house as a backdrop. Everything is edible including the house. This car is my 2nd car cake. Being small, the way I carved this cake was completely different from my first car cake. The one thing they have in common is they're both red :) I wonder if the next car I'll make will be red too! I do think for next time, I'm going to need tips from the guru of car cakes - Debbie Goard of Debbie Does Cakes. She makes the most amazing dogs, cars, food, and all other things you can possibly imagine.

Happy Birthday Jonas! Thank you for having us at your Wiggles party!

4 comments:

  1. i like how you did the backdrop! very cool! The whole cake is so cute & so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this group, I find them really happy and fun even though I am a girl of 48 years .... the cake is beautiful. ciao
    Gio'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Faithy and Gio! I find them happy and fun too! I've learned to appreciate them having a 2 year old around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very nice! I like everything, especially how you did the house!

    Did you just put the car cake on top or is there any support below? Was thinking would it dent the cake below it?

    ReplyDelete