Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Optimus Prime



I grew up with 2 sisters and have a girl for a child so I was never around little boy toys. The only time I got to play with toys for boys growing up was when I would go to my cousin Kris' house. If I recall correctly, the Transformers were one of the toys he played with (Kris, correct me if I'm wrong).

When my friend Cel wanted me to make an Optimus Prime cake, I was like...okay...who is Optimus Prime again? I had to walk down memory lane. After a bit surfing and googling, I found this good photo of Optimus Prime's face and decided to go for this with the cake.



Cel wanted a small cake good for about 10 people iced in butercrem. It was going to be a surprise for her hubby who is celebrating his 39th. I didn't want it to look like a child's cake so I kept the cake simple and clean with fondant decorations.



Happy 39th Alvin! Hope you enjoyed your cake!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! This is AWESOME!! I would love to know how you did the Optimus Prime head!!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete