Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cakes, Cakes, Cakes!


My sister urged me to start this blog to share to everyone my sweet works of art. I'm a little hesitant since I feel I'm so behind amongst the great cake decorators out there. I did start when I was 15 with Wilton cakes (back then it was a new thing, but note: I'm not that old haha!) but stopped in between for a good almost 9 years. I'm trying to catch up but it's going to take me awhile being a full-time mom with a 19 month old. A cake that I can do in a day now takes me 2 days to get done!

Here is one to start. The first cake I've done this year. It's for a good friend's daughter who turned 1 last January. Chocolate cake with buttercream filling. Characters made of gumpaste.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great, Rheens! No worries, it's like riding a bike... you never forget. Besides, you can't put a good, nay, GREAT pastry chef down. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rheena! impressive cakes...how i wish u were here, i wanted u to do my wedding cake....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words Jann :) Do hope I can do more (if motherhood permits haha!) and better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marie! If I were there would definitely do your cake. Let me know if I can be of help in any way with wedding preps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you do the best elmo i have see it look so real, can you do a quick vid on how to make him in the different ways u have figure or flat i think ur a good cake decorator and i have 3 kids and try to do the same as u im 1 year older,, thanks for the inspiration.. keep up the great work helping us that arent as talented as you are yet..lol

    ReplyDelete