Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cara's Cake in 3 Layers



Last June I made a cake for my neice's 1st month celebration (see previous post). My cousin saved the shoe and hand carried them home to Manila so we could use it for the baptism. I didn't want to do the same one layer cake I did last time but they wanted to same look so here's what I came up with. I wanted to make it extra special, my being the godmother to Cara, by adding on a jeweled pacifier and rattle as well. It was simple, sweet and oh so pink!



Jeweled Name



The Rattle



Jeweled Pacifier


6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all the details! Love the rattle, pacifier & the ribbon!! And the jewels...was gluing on the crystals hard to do? You glue them so perfectly even! There's no close up photo of the baby booties! I would love to see the baby booties close up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Faithy! Gluing on the crystals was actually the fun part for me. It wasn't hard at all. Refer to this link for photo of the baby booties

    http://pastrychik.blogspot.com/2009/07/princess-baby-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your cakes are amazing!! how you did it? is fondant or what? I'm trying but Im clumsy for that lol!! you are a Artist!! please tell me what you use? jiji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jiji, thank you very much! The cake is covered with fondant while the rattle, pacifier and shoes are made out of gumpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this cake!! and not just becuase my name is Cara too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Thank you Cara! Well, we can pretend this cake is for you! :)

    ReplyDelete