Friday, October 16, 2009

Jimmy Choo Shoe Cake

The night before I got the order for this cake, I just had this urge to make a shoe out of sugar. I've never made an adult shoe before and thought to try just for fun. The next morning, I get a call from a very good friend of mine. She wanted a cake for an 18 year old who loved Jimmy Choo shoes. I had a day and a half to work on the cake and was a little flustered to start because I didn't have enough time for pieces to dry especially if I were to do a high heeled shoe. Browsing through their online site, I settled on this one. I can't afford Jimmy Choo's but if I did, I would probably buy this pair! :)

Here it is. The shoe box is the cake. Shoes made out of gumpaste.









4 comments:

  1. That is awesome - it definitely looks real. Don't know how you got that gumpaste to stay up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! The shoe look so real and the details are amazing! It's perfect!! Are those tiny dots crystals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! :) Faithy, those dots are crystals. They're not edible though. The best I could do for such short notice!

    ReplyDelete