Sunday, April 29, 2012

Annika & Her Elmo Sneakers





I've made my fair share of sugar sneakers. I believe I've done at least 4 since I started making cakes again. This one is particularly special as I knew I had to up it a notch. 

Annika turns 4 and loves Elmo. Last year I made her a Hello Kitty cake and her reaction to seeing it made  me smile all day. This year her mom's special request were these sneakers of which she has the exact pair. I tried to get as close to the real thing, adding the silver rings around the holes and added texture to the front  of the shoe. I was happy with the results and they were too! 

Here's a closer look of the shoe.




Creating this for Annika made me think...maybe I should make more of different designs and line them up. Well, lets see. I'll keep you guys posted.

1 comment: